A FAMILY ADVENTURE
The story of the Lavau family, with its passion for wine and love of the terroir and the land, began in Saint-Émilion in the 19th century. The story then continued on the other side of the Mediterranean Sea, in Tunisia. René Lavau moved there in 1870 and turned a small estate planted with vines and orange trees into a flourishing business. Thanks, in particular, to the energy and dedication of his son Jean, the family estate quickly became the country’s biggest wine producer. In 1962, after Tunisia regained its independence, Jean-Guy Lavau, Jean’s son, and his wife Anne-Marie decided to return to France and to take charge of a small winemaking cellar in Sablet which Jean had purchased a few years earlier.
So the MAISON LAVAU was officially created in 1965, deep in the heart of the Rhone Valley, in the department of the Vaucluse.